Title: Receptionist (Part-Time)
Supervisor: Director of Parish Administration
Date: October 15, 2018
Purpose and Scope
St. Anne Roman Catholic Parish seeks a friendly, efficient, hard-working front office receptionist, able to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. Under the general supervision of the Director of Parish Administration, this position is the first point of contact for all phone and walk-in inquiries to the parish. Duties also include new parishioner registration, generating sacramental certificates and sponsor letters, accepting and recording mass intention requests, ordering parish office supplies, preparing tax letters, directing people in need of help to the appropriate services, controlling access to parish office and employees, handling parish mail, faxes and various miscellaneous duties as needed or requested by Director of Parish Administration. This position is part-time, 25 hours per week and is not benefits-eligible.
Sunday – 8:30AM to 3:30PM
Wednesday & Thursday - 2:30PM to 6:00PM
Friday – 9:00AM to 1:00PM
Essential Job Functions
- Answers telephones, takes messages and coordinates appointments.
- Assists visitors in the parish office
- Screens phone calls for the parish staff.
- Maintains sacramental records, notifications and certificates.
- Maintains computer entries.
- Coordinates distribution of envelopes.
- Coordinates weekly contributions recording.
- Distributes mail to the staff daily.
- Monitors and orders supplies.
Additional Job Functions
- Perform any job-related tasks necessary for the smooth flow of operations within the parish.
- Contributes to team effort for a professional office environment and maintain good working relationships with all diocesan and parish staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of word/data processing, general office and secretarial procedures.
- Proficient typing skills and working experience of computer Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously and handle stressful situations.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and communicate these decisions effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to set priorities and organize work effectively.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Active member of a Roman Catholic Church
- High School diploma or equivalent certificate.
- Two years experience in administrative support.
- Must be Safe Environment Trained
- Verbal and written bilingual skills in English and Spanish.
please send a cover letter and resume to:
Dcn. Andrew B. Gilliland, Director of Parish Administration
St. Anne Roman Catholic Parish
440 E Elliot Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85234