Title: General Maintenance Worker
Hours: Full-time (40 hours Monday - Friday)
Supervisor: Maintenance Supervisor
To support the Maintenance Supervisor by performing extensive maintenance and janitorial duties. Performs semi-skilled building maintenance and repairs, requires a working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing and minor electrical work, general upkeep and related work is also required. Applicants must have the ability to work in a fast paced parish environment, to operate flexibly and work effectively in an independent and team environment. Perform other position related tasks as deemed necessary or as assigned by the Pastor or Director of Parish Administration. This position is full-time with benefits. Applicants must be flexible and available for occasional weekend work, including Christmas and Easter.
- Assures church and parish buildings are maintained in a clean and orderly manner. Mops and vacuums floors, cleans bathrooms, washes windows and maintains wood furniture that requires oiling and maintenance.
- Assures that grounds are maintained in a clean and safe manner by sweeping walkways.
- Performs minor maintenance of the rectory, church, school and office buildings when needed.
- Performs minor repair work on the facilities as needed.
- Provides other general assistance as needed through setting up the chairs and tables as requested, hauling and moving items and picking up parts or other equipment as requested by staff.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies needed for maintenance and repairs.
- Performs any job-related tasks necessary for the smooth flow of operations within the parish.
- Contributes to team effort for a professional environment.
- Maintains and demonstrates a cooperative attitude and effective working relationship with all departments, church and parish groups, employees, volunteers and parishioners.
- Ability to safely operate power tools that may be required to make routine, light maintenance repairs.
- Must be able to perform strenuous tasks and must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to lift, move and use ladders, lifts, scaffolds and other related equipment.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety methods related to maintenance and custodial operations.
- Ability to set priorities and organize work effectively.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to provide own transportation for job-related responsibilities; must have valid AZ Driver’s license.
- On-call availability for emergencies.
- Active member of a Roman Catholic Church (in good standing)
- Two years work experience in janitorial and/or maintenance repair work.
- High school graduate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in the use of a variety of office equipment
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) Preferred
please send a cover letter and resume to:
Joe Reed, Maintenence Superviser
St. Anne Roman Catholic Parish
440 E Elliot Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85234