What does it mean to be Pro-life?
We Catholics are thoroughly and unabashedly pro-life. We are pro-life because we believe life is sacred. We are pro-life because the Church teaches us that we humans are created in the image and likeness of God. For these reasons:
- We are pro-preborn babies, pro-newborn babies, pro-woman, pro-child, pro-man, pro-elderly, pro-vulnerable, pro-human, and pro-creation!
- We reject the shallow mantra of “pro-choice” which masks any thoughtful consideration of sexual intercourse, pregnancy, childbirth, or abortion.
- We reject the unfinished thought of a woman’s right to choose. . .
- We reject the fashionable claim of “reproductive rights” which has resulted in untold millions of abortions.
- We reject contraception in all its forms, but especially those forms that silently abort such as: the pill, the patch, injections and the morning after pill.
- We reject violence and unnatural death in all its forms—abortion, terrorism, unjust war, capital punishment, and euthanasia.
- We embrace the fact that we humans procreate, not reproduce: Animals reproduce. Machines copy. Humans procreate.
- We know that “life” and the future of the human community are sexually transmitted—by the wondrous design of our maker.
- We are in awe of the power God has invested in us: that we, imaging God's creativity, have the power to create new humans in God’s image.
- We believe that at the moment of human conception, through the power of the Holy Spirit, a new and unique soul is created by God.
- We embrace the fact that humans need to live in community, responsive to each other, caring for the young, the sick and the old, sharing their burdens and joys.
Based on work done by Carol Hogan Director for Pastoral Projects and Communications California Catholic Conference
Activities, Events, News, and Information
- The reality of abortion within the paroquial community
- The URGENT need to participate in Prolife activities
- The community to participate in the Rosary for Life in the Parish
- to join the 40 Days for Life campaign and other Prolife activities
- Information about the Prolife movement in our general environment
- The culture of family life
- Parishioners to explore information on the internet about the Prolife movement
- Women in danger of aborting, and offer them support and refer them to help centers for pregnant women
- To distribute information flyers of the Prolife centers
- Prolife groups economically
- With voluntary time, help centers for pregnant women.
PrayersPrayer for the unborn child
40 days for life
Conference with the Youth
For more information or to get involved with the Respect Life Ministry at St. Anne, please contact Genny Jones at (480) 201-7198, email@example.com, or message via The City.