What does it mean to be Pro-life?
We Catholics are thoroughly and unabashedly pro-life. We are pro-life because we believe life is sacred. We are pro-life because the Church teaches us that we humans are created in the image and likeness of God. For these reasons:
- We are pro-preborn babies, pro-newborn babies, pro-woman, pro-child, pro-man, pro-elderly, pro-vulnerable, pro-human, and pro-creation!
- We reject the shallow mantra of “pro-choice” which masks any thoughtful consideration of sexual intercourse, pregnancy, childbirth, or abortion.
- We reject the unfinished thought of a woman’s right to choose. . .
- We reject the fashionable claim of “reproductive rights” which has resulted in untold millions of abortions.
- We reject contraception in all its forms, but especially those forms that silently abort such as: the pill, the patch, injections and the morning after pill.
- We reject violence and unnatural death in all its forms—abortion, terrorism, unjust war, capital punishment, and euthanasia.
- We embrace the fact that we humans procreate, not reproduce: Animals reproduce. Machines copy. Humans procreate.
- We know that “life” and the future of the human community are sexually transmitted—by the wondrous design of our maker.
- We are in awe of the power God has invested in us: that we, imaging God's creativity, have the power to create new humans in God’s image.
- We believe that at the moment of human conception, through the power of the Holy Spirit, a new and unique soul is created by God.
- We embrace the fact that humans need to live in community, responsive to each other, caring for the young, the sick and the old, sharing their burdens and joys.
Based on work done by Carol Hogan Director for Pastoral Projects and Communications California Catholic Conference
Activities, Events, News, and Information
Monday 7:30 AM Rosary for Life Cancelled for July 3rd. We can have a small celebration. Planned Parenthood in Chandler on Alma School is permanently closed. Praise God!
Unfortunately they plan to reopen at Baseline and Price on July 5th and we expect to be there; however, after that week we may go to their Mesa location instead.
The Respect Life Ministry would like to thank all those who offered a card of Thanksgiving to God the Father for the gift of your life. If you forgot to bring your card, you still can participate. Simply place it in the Card box which will remain in front of the statue of St. Joseph for one month. We are certain God our Father will be pleased with our expression of love and thanksgiving to Him!
El Ministerio de Respeto a la Vida quisiera agradecer a todos aquellos que ofrecieron una tarjeta de Acción de Gracias a Dios Padre por el regalo de su vida. Si usted olvidó traer su tarjeta, usted todavía puede participar. Simplemente colóquelo en la caja de la tarjeta que permanecerá delante de la estatua de San José durante un mes. ¡Estamos seguros de que Dios nuestro Padre estará complacido con nuestra expresión de amor y acción de gracias a Él!
In short assistance at the hour of death with the graces necessary for salvation!
On December 10, 1925 Our Lady and the child Jesus appeared to Sister Lucia. The Divine Child was the first to speak to Lucia: “Have pity on the Heart of your most Holy Mother. It is covered with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment, and there is no one to remove them with an act of reparation.”
Then Our Lady made known her request for Communions of reparation: "My daughter, look at my Heart encircled with the thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. Do you at least try to console me and announce in my name that I promise to assist at the hour of death with the graces necessary for salvation all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months, go to Confession and receive Holy Communion, recite the Rosary and keep me company for 15 minutes while meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary with the intention of making reparation to me."
Tomorrow is the first Saturday of June. Making five consecutive first Saturdays is harder than it might seem, but what a great reward, which is to say nothing of owing it to Our Lady! I hope to see you tomorrow for Mass at 7 AM.
- The reality of abortion within the paroquial community
- The URGENT need to participate in Prolife activities
- The community to participate in the Rosary for Life in the Parish
- to join the 40 Days for Life campaign and other Prolife activities
- Information about the Prolife movement in our general environment
- The culture of family life
- Parishioners to explore information on the internet about the Prolife movement
- Women in danger of aborting, and offer them support and refer them to help centers for pregnant women
- To distribute information flyers of the Prolife centers
- Prolife groups economically
- With voluntary time, help centers for pregnant women.
PrayersPrayer for the unborn child
40 days for life
Conference with the Youth
For more information or to get involved with the Respect Life Ministry at St. Anne, please contact Genny Jones at (480) 201-7198, email@example.com, or message via The City.