"At that time the disciples approached Jesus and said, 'Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?' He called a child over, placed it in their midst, and said, “Amen, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever receives one child such as this in my name receives me." (Mt 18:1-5)
The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) is an approach to the religious formation of children 3-12 years of age. The catechesis is based on the conviction that God and the child are already in relationship. The atrium is the environment where adults help a child to live fully the encounter with God, and where formation takes place. It's one of the elements that help the relationship between God and the child to flourish, making the atrium a place of preparation for involvement in the larger worshiping community.
Meeting Times for 2018-2019
- Mondays: 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
The children attend one 90-minute session a week. The last ten to fifteen minutes of a session are spent in prayer. From time to time the children may desire to remain longer in prayer.
Plan your visit
We're happy to have you observe this sacred space, prepared for the child's work to become prayer, any time you'd like. In fact we encourage it! To preserve the natural rhythm of the atrium we ask that you review a copy of the guidelines for observing from the CGS Office. Please let your child's catechist know when you'd like to come for a visit so a place can be prepared for you.
The CGS Office is located in the Parish Office. Please see the Contact Us page for office hours. Doris is the CGS office assistant. The office staff can answer any general questions. If you have issues or concerns of a personal or spiritual nature please contact the CGS coordinator at (480) 507-4451.
Sacramental Policies (for baptized children)
- Reconciliation - Children in second grade who are currently enrolled in the atrium may prepare, in their regular atrium session, for this sacrament.
- Communion and Confirmation - Children in third or fourth grade who have completed one year of catechesis (during which they prepared for reconciliation) and who are currently enrolled in the atrium may prepare in their regular atrium session for these sacraments. Children will be confirmed and receive first holy Communion at the same sacred liturgy
For more information on diocesan policies visit the Diocese of Phoenix website.
If you have questions about payment or payment plans, please contact Doris at email@example.com
Non-Catholic baptized persons looking to learn more about the Catholic faith please visit our
RCIA page to see how you can become a member of the universal Church.
Activities, Events, News, and Information
Greetings, all! Thank you all so much for your participation in our Farewell Party for Fr. David and Fr. Dan! Your love and care for them was so evident in all that you did! So glad that we could send them off to their new callings with such affection and love!
BEST PARISH EVER!!
photo credit: Wanda Guercio Castro
Registration for our summer Vacation Bible School journey to Babylon is open! Join us June 11-15th as we learn about Daniel’s Courage in Captivity! Both morning and afternoon sessions are available.
Register as a participant or a volunteer on the St. Anne Website:
Do you have a free afternoon? We need your help filling the Easter eggs that will be handed out after Easter Masses!
Eggs and supplies will be located in the Parish Office. If you are interested in helping, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or message me via the City!
Are you interested in a subscription for MagnifiKids?
I am organizing a group order for MagnifiKids! Sunday reading guides. By organizing as a group we can receive a group rate and it is MUCH cheaper than and individual rate ($35/year) and even cheaper the more we order. The orders are all shipped to my home each month and then you can pick them up in the front office at church anytime the office is open :)
Price for an annual subscription:
5-9 copies: $24
10-24 copies: $20
25-49 copies: $17
50+ copies: $15
If you would like more info about MagnifiKids, you can check out their website at http://us.magnificat.net/home/magnifikid
If you are interested or need more info, please visit http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0849a9ad2ba2fb6-stanne
Our new subscription will start in June, so sign ups will end on March 25th and all payments need to be received by April 8th :) Details are at the sign up page.
If you have any questions please let me know!
The Secretariat on Laity, Marriage, Family Life and Youth offers the following resources to bishops, priests, deacons, married couples, and lay men and women to help celebrate and live the great gift of married life.
- USCCB news release: National Marriage Week USA, World Marriage Day Promote Gift of Marriage as School of Life and Love
- Letter from Archbishop Charles Chaput, OFM Cap., Chairman of the Committee on Laity, Marriage, Family Life and Youth to all bishops, sharing with them the various resources available for National Marriage Week 2018.
- Preaching Resource for World Marriage Day (Sunday, February 11): reflections on the Scriptures of the day to assist bishops, priests, and deacons in preaching about marriage. (NB: This year, both World Marriage Day and World Day of the Sick coincide on Feb. 11th. This preaching resource provides reflections that can be adapted for both purposes.)
- Bulletin insert with quotes from the encyclical Humanae vitae(1968-2018)
- Virtual Marriage Retreat with reflections and prayers to focus on this year’s theme.
- Prayer Intentions for use in your National Marriage Week celebrations.