Granting of a Plenary Indulgence
Pope Francis has granted a plenary indulgence opportunity for the 100th anniversary of the Fatima apparitions throughout the centennial year, from the 27th of November 2016 until the 26th of November 2017.
There are three ways to obtain the indulgence, detailed in a statement from the Fatima Shrine in Portugal (see below). To obtain the plenary indulgence, the faithful must also fulfill the ordinary conditions: go to Confession and Communion, be interiorly detached from sin, and pray for the intentions of the Holy Father.
1. Make a pilgrimage to the shrine. To the faithful who make a pilgrimage to the Fatima Shrine in Portugal and participate in a celebration of prayer dedicated to the Virgin. In addition, the faithful must pray the Our Father, recite the Creed and invoke the Mother of God.
2. Pray before any statue of Our Lady of Fatima. To the faithful who visit with devotion a statue of Our Lady of Fatima solemnly exposed for public veneration in any church, oratory or proper place during the days of the anniversary of the apparitions, the 13th of each month from May to October 2017, and there devoutly participate in some celebration or prayer in honor of the Virgin Mary. In addition, the faithful must pray the Our Father, recite the Creed and invoke Our Lady of Fatima.
3. The elderly and infirm. To the faithful who, because of age, illness or other serious cause, are unable to get around, may pray in front of a statue of Our Lady of Fatima and must spiritually unite themselves to the jubilee celebrations on the days of the apparitions, the 13th of each month, between May and October 2017. They must also "offer to merciful God with confidence, through Mary, their prayers and sufferings or the sacrifices they make in their own lives."
There is a Fatima Statue in the front of the Nave in our parish.
Celebrating in the the 100th Anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima.
The Diocese of Phoenix has created a beautiful website! It talks about what happened at Fatima 100 years ago and is a great resource for events happening throughout the diocese.
St. Anne Activities and Events
To honor Our Lady of Fatima’s request, we shall pray the Rosary and the Fatima Prayers after the 7:00am Mass and at 3:45pm (before the evening Vigil Mass) every first Saturday of the month. Please join in this grace-filled devotion.
First Saturdays: May 6, June 3 , July 1, Aug 5, Sep 2, Oct 7, Nov 4
13th of the Month
On weekends, Fatima Jubilee Prayers are prayed before all weekend masses. On other days of the week they follow the Daily Devotions schedule, below.
Daily Devotions (M-F) - Fatima prayers and Rosary
- BEFORE Morning and Evening Mass.
- AFTER Noon Mass. There is a Divine Mercy Chaplet after the Rosary.
Mark Your Calendars
October 13, 2017 - Consecration of the Diocese of Phoenix to the Immaculate Heart of Mary - Join Bishop Thomas J. Olmsted for Solemn Mass and the Consecration of the Diocese of Phoenix to the Immaculate Heart of Mary at 6 p.m., Oct. 13, at Ss. Simon and Jude Cathedral, 6351 N. 27th Ave. in Phoenix. More info
Fatima Jubilee Prayers
Prayer for Peace
O God, All-Holy Father, who gave us Your peace through Jesus and through Him you wished to lead us to Your Heart – in this place where the Virgin Mary invites us to pray for peace in the world and where the Angel of Peace exhorts us to adore God alone –,grant us, we pray, that peace may reign among all peoples; that the leaders of the nations find ways towards justice, that we may all reach the peace of heart and that, through the intercession of the Queen of Peace, we may become builders of a more fraternal world. Through Christ, Our Lord. Amen.
Jubilee Prayer of Consecration
Hail, Mother of the Lord, Virgin Mary, Queen of the Rosary of Fatima! Blessed among all women, you are the image of the Church dressed in the Paschal light, you are the honour of our people, you are the triumph over the mark of evil.
Prophecy of the merciful Love of the Father, Teacher of the Annunciation of the Good News of the Son, Sign of the burning Fire of the Holy Spirit, teach us, in this valley of joys and sorrows, the eternal truths that the Father reveals to the little ones.
Show us the strength of your mantle of protection. In your Immaculate Heart, be the refuge of sinners and the way that leads to God.
In unity with my brethren, In Faith, Hope and Love, I surrender myself to you. In unity with my brethren, through you, I consecrate myself to God, O Virgin of the Rosary of Fatima.
And thus surrounded by the Light that comes from your hands, I will give Glory to the Lord for ever and ever. Amen.
Prayer for the Pope
O Lord, Good shepherd of Humanity, who entrusted to Peter and his successors the mission of strengthening the brothers in the faith and to enlighten them in the hearing of the Word – in this place where the little shepherds of Fatima bore witness to a profound devotion to the Holy Father and to an intense love for the Church –, we ask You that Your Spirit of Wisdom illumines Pope N in his mission as the Successor of Peter; may Your mercy protect and comfort him; may the testimony of Your faithful hearten him in his mission,and may the tender presence of Mary be for him a sign of Your love; may he be strong in faith, courageous in hope, and zealous in charity. Who live and reign with God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory be.
Sept. 7-9, 2017 - Our parish hosted the U.N. International Pilgrim Statue of Our Lady of Fatima, the “Ambassador of Hope” and 1st Class Relics of St. Jacinta and St. Francisco, and a piece of the Holm Oak tree on which Our Lady appeared.