Bilingual Front Office Receptionist
St. Anne Roman Catholic Parish seeks friendly, efficient, and hard-working volunteers able to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. Under the general supervision of the Director of Parish Administration, this position is the first point of contact for all phone and walk-in inquiries to the parish. Duties also include new parishioner registration, generating sacramental certificates and sponsor letters, accepting and recording mass intention requests, ordering parish office supplies, preparing tax letters, directing people in need of help to appropriate services , controlling access to parish office and employees, handling parish mail, faxes and various miscellaneous duties as needed or requested by Pastor or Director of Parish Administration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and Publisher; strong computer, phone and communications technology skills; excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing; ability to multi-task and remain organized and efficient in a busy parish office. The right candidates will especially enjoy working with people, be very organized, have great patience and a willingness to help even difficult people, and the ability to carry out the many duties of a parish receptionist within the parish framework of welcoming and serving everyone as Jesus Christ.
Minimum Qualifications: at least two years work experience in customer service or front office work preferred. Bilingual candidates only please, as St. Anne ministers to our parishioners in both Spanish and English.
Please Contact the Parish Office:
Andrew Gilliland, Director of Parish Administration
Employment: Part-Time (25 hours)
Work Days/Hours: Sunday hours required in the office from 10am – 5pm in order to meet with parishioners and to help foster volunteer opportunities. One Saturday per month required from 3:30pm until 5:30pm. Regular weekday hours Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for meeting with parishioners and staff. Attend the Welcome Sundays to present volunteer service opportunities and the need for Safe Environment to attendees.
Sunday 10am – 5pm (7 hours)
Tuesday 2pm – 8pm (6 hours)
Wednesday 2pm – 8pm (6 hours)
Thursday 2pm – 8pm (6 hours)
Saturday – Once per month 3:30pm to 6:30pm (3 hours)
(3 hours of office time will be used for the once per month Saturday schedule.)
The Volunteer Coordinator for St. Anne Roman Catholic Parish is an enthusiastic individual who has a passion for helping people to find ways of using their God-given talents for the many service opportunities in the parish. The primary job responsibilities lie in discovering the various needs within the parish ministries and matching them with the appropriate volunteers to fill those roles, based on their qualifications and gifts, while adhering to the Safe Environment policies of the Diocese of Phoenix to prepare volunteers for service.
Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Communicating with staff and ministry leaders to discover unique service opportunities
- Keeping close communication and collaborating with the Stewardship committee regarding service opportunities and volunteer efforts
- Creating volunteer position descriptions in cooperation with ministry leads for each of the opportunities, including skills, knowledge, or experience requirements
- Assist in the recruiting, screening, interviewing and training of new volunteers in cooperation with ministry leads
- Maintaining communication with volunteers and assisting them through initial contact, screening, placement and follow-up
- Safe Environment Coordinator
- Collaborate with the Safe Environment Office at the Diocese of Phoenix to schedule and facilitate all Safe Environment activities at St. Anne
- Scheduling of Safe Environment Foundation Classes
- Coordinating Safe Environment Training teams
- Hold quarterly ministry leads meetings to ensure all required volunteers are Safe Environment certified
- Maintaining a database of all volunteers, the ministries in which they serve, contact information and Safe Environment records
- Periodically checking in with the various ministry leads and volunteers to assess any needs they may have and addressing them
- Oversee and assist with planning of parish-wide events and other activities to foster participation within our St Anne community
- Coordinate with volunteer appreciation events in conjunction with Stewardship Committee
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Pastor, Communications Director, or Director of Parish Administration
- Warm and welcoming personality
- Organized and able to multitask between projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Ability to obtain and hold Current Safe Environment Trainer status
- Ability to organize and facilitate meetings
- Able to adapt to and use new technologies
- Ability to work with difficult and demanding personalities
- Can handle rejection and upset parishioners
- Creative problem solving and positive attitude
Accountability: The Volunteer Coordinator reports to the Communications Director, who is responsible for his/her performance evaluations. The Volunteer Coordinator may also be directed by the Pastor and the Director of Parish Administration as needed.
Application Submissions: Please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter for consideration of the Volunteer Coordinator position. This is an open position that has an immediate start date.
St Anne Roman Catholic Parish seeks an experienced, efficient, hard-working janitorial worker for general upkeep and related work. This position is part-time, Saturdays and Sundays. For additional information please contact Joe Reed, Maintenance Supervisor, at 480-507-4470.